Saturday, July 19, 2008

CHI BI

chi bi



Hmm... Red Cliff a.k.a Chi Bi. On Wednesday I watch This movie at Bugis Junction. Yesterday I watch again at Sembawang Sunplaza. It is a good movie, although it is only part 1 of the story... there is a part 2 for Red Cliff called Red Cliff Battle.

For those people who don't know what this film is about.. Let me enlighten you. This film is based on Chronicle Of The Three Kingdom filming about the beginning and the end of the Chi Bi. How Liu Bei, a warlord, ally himself with Sun Quan, Duke of Southern Land, fight against Cao Cao, the Prime Minister...

Casts:

-Tony Leung Chiu-Wai as Zhou Yu
-Takeshi Kaneshiro as Zhuge Liang
-Zhang Fengyi as Cao Cao
-Chang Chen as Sun Quan
-Zhao Wei as Sun Shangxiang
-Hu Jun as Zhao Yun
-Lin Chi-ling as Xiao Qiao
-Nakamura Shido as Gan Xing(甘興) (based on Gan Ning)
-You Yong as Liu Bei

I was shock to hear that Takeshi is going for the role of Zhuge Liang. I thought if he is going to take a role in Red Cliff, it will be Zhao Yun. It is rumoured to say that Zhao Yun is a handsome guy which Takeshi fit the requirement. But Hu Jun is also good to be the actor to act as Zhao Yun. Zhang Fengyi got the charisma to be Cao Cao. Tony Leung hmmm... he is good to act as Zhou Yu.But actually I thought Zhou Yu should be the handsome guy to act as like Takeshi. One more actor I respect most is Nakamura Shido who act as Gan Xing. He must be spending a lot of time to learn how to speak chinese in order to act good in the film. He is hardworking actor if you asked me but he still need to work on his expression. Because the words coming out from him doesnt match what he shows on the facial expression. Lin Chi Ling and Zhao Wei are quite good in acting in Red Cliff and I must say Lin Chi Ling got a potiental to be an actress.

This movie is worth to watch again and again. I am waiting for the part 2... Haiz!!! when will it be coming?

No comments: