Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Training Photoshooting ~Tanjong Pagar Station~

Well, actually today I want to sleep at my off day.. but I dragged my tired body to eat nasi lemak.. then with some energy, I decide to go out to shoot some photo.



Tanjong Pagar Station

SHORT HISTORY of how Tanjong Pagar Station came about:

Before the Johor-Singapore Causeway was built, the railway in Singapore was exclusively limited to the island. The construction of the Johor-Singapore Causeway across the Straits of Johor began in 1919, and it was opened to goods trains on September 17, 1923 and to passenger trains on October 1, 1923. Previously, passengers and goods train were transferred at Woodlands to a ferry to Johor Bahru and the connecting train on the peninsula. Tanjong Pagar railway station was completed in 1932.


Now the station is going to be moved to Woodland soon as Singapore and Malaysia come into agreement on 24 May 2010, railway operations into the station will cease by 1 July 2011, after which the building will be conserved and may be integrated with future developments on the site. KTM's southern terminus would be relocated to the Woodlands Train Checkpoint.Information obtained from Tanjong Pagar Station

Train Ticket Counter
Slowly this could become History... after the train station is moved to Woodland. I purposely use black/white picture to symbolise it will be become history.

Another train Ticket counter
I basically like this photo best.. I should have train to take more this type of photo. Anyway I did have some training on the photo shooting.. quite nice.







No comments: